We believe all human life is sacred and of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from fertilization to natural death.
Joyce Caracci was born into a sharecropping family in rural Neshoba County Mississippi where she graduated as “Miss Arlington High” class of 1950. Her lifelong commitment to health care, which had always been her calling, began with her studies at St. Dominic’s Hospital in Jackson.
In 1976, Joyce, an experienced nurse, her husband, Victor, and a third person started the Sta-Home Health Agency, Inc. to provide home health care services in Mississippi. Joyce had strong Christian beliefs and was committed to helping those in need. She was passionate about children, child birth and pro-life, and contributed tirelessly both physically and financially to these causes.
Pro-Llfe Mississippi is pleased to offer the “Joyce Carraci Scholarships” as a memorial to our beloved benefactor Joyce Carraci.
Disqualifier – No Pro-Life Mississippi Board Member (State, District, or Auxiliary), Pro-Life Mississippi Staff, or immediate family (Board or Staff), may apply.
The applicant MUST be attending a Mississippi community college, college, or university to receive this scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded at the Pro-Life Mississippi Spring Banquet in April. The applicant MUST be present at the banquet to receive the scholarship.
**IMPORTANT: You Must Be Pro-Life!
All information and communication will remain confidential.
The criteria needed to complete this form:
- An (Official) copy of your school Transcript
- Mississippi High School Graduating Senior must have at least a GPA of 2.75.
- College Level applicant must have a GPA of 3.00 and be a Mississippi resident.
- The applicant’s basic contact information.
- The applicant must answer the questionnaire in section 3 of the application.
- Provide contact information for two Letters of Recommendation (non-family) – Pastor, Teacher, etc. and provide which method that person will use to provide said letter.
- A portrait picture of yourself in JPEG format for this form.
- An essay about your role in Pro-Life Ministry or Ministries.
- The applicants might be asked to do an in person interview to narrow down the selection.
Donate to The Scholarship
A proper education provides students with knowledge and truth which will allow them to serve themselves and the community throughout their lives.
Donations to Pro-Life Mississippi, a 50lc(3) charity, are completely tax-deductible. Any donations to the Joyce Carraci Scholarship are therefore completely tax-deductible. When you make a donation through our website for the scholarship please write “Scholarship” in the comment section of the donation page. If mailing a check please write “Scholarship” in the memo section on the check.
Please consider contributing to Pro-Life Mississippi. Our sole purpose is to “Save Lives”. Thank You.